Friday, 6 February 2015

Tribute to my Grandma Kliever

Well... in the last 4 years, I have lost my 3 remaining grandparents and a best friend. All are now in Glory with our Savior. sigh
Today Grandma went to be with Jesus...

here is my tribute to her



“Doing, Doing, I’m always doing.” The moment I opened the book and started reading it to my daughter, I heard Grandma’s voice reading it to me! A flood of memories came back. Grandma had read this book to me! “People see my `doings’, all the things I do and say; and Jesus, too, see all I do and hears me when I pray, ….

I’m sure every one of us grandkids was read to by Grandma. We’d go to the closet, get a stack of books, climb up on the couch and bag Grandma to read!
How many of us attended her Sunday school class at one time or another, and heard her, with Grandpa’s help, teach the Bible stories?

We always will think of our Grandparents as being special. But what made them who they were to us, was the Lord. The reason they cared so much for us, was the love the Lord had put in their hearts for us. They were more concerned about our spiritual well-being than anything else.

Late one evening, my mom, sisters and I were borrowing Grandma’s sewing machine. The project was taking longer than we had planned, and it was Grandpa and Grandma’s bed time. Grandma told us they were going to bed and to lock up as we went out… no big deal. A moment later we heard her and Grandpa reading their Bible together and then they began to pray. I will forever remember hearing each one of us, prayed for by name! They prayed that we would each have a personal relationship with the Lord and walk with Him.

Grandma wasn’t perfect, she was human and made mistakes, but she gave her heart to the Lord and followed Him, and that is the example she left us. Remember that story we’ve all heard about the day Grandma was shot? Years ago when Aunty Judy, Gord and Uncle Jim were little, Grandma took a bullet in her shoulder. It was a serious injury, and Grandma almost died. What a testimony of forgiveness she gave us. Not only did she forgive, but she shared the Gospel message with the one who had wronged her.

When you think about your goals in life and where you want to be in so many years from now, take the time to contemplate your eternal destination.
Grandpa and Grandma both pointed out the way for us, let’s walk in their footsteps.

Love you always Grandma
Your granddaughter, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment