Well... maybe someday I will. As for right now further publishing is on hold, but I do have some good news. In-spite of the fact that I'm not in the publishing process for book 4, 5 and 6, I am still writing! (Yes books 4, 5 and 6 are all written, sitting on my computer waiting editing).
Why not further publishing at this time? Well, sometimes life just gets in the way and becomes more important than our dreams. With my little growing family I wonder if and when I will continue getting my books published. I fear by the time I do, the kids who grew up reading my first 3 books will be grown and maybe not interested in them anymore. Maybe there will be new kids who fall in love with them. Who knows! But yes, right now my family is my #1 priority.
As I said, I'm still writing... probably always will have a story in progress. I can't get the story bug out of my system. ;)
So what am I writing?
Well, right now I've been writing a sequel series to The Chronicles of Exmoor, called The Missing Chronicles. After 4 years I finally finished writing the first draft of Philander the Dwarf. The reason it took 4 years to write (the longest it's ever taken me to write a story) is a lot happened in those 4 years. Got married, and had two kids back to back and bought and moved into our own home.
So, as of right now, I am writing the story outline for book 2 in The Missing Chronicles, Marsh the Hunchback.
Thanks to all the fans I do have that love my books. Hopefully in the near future there will be more books available.
Dear Reader
Greetings from the far away land of Exmoor.
It has been brought to my attention, that thee would wish more stories of this
place. Well I have excellent news for thee….
So it was, that a man named Lord Canty, fled England after a
dispute with a priest over freedom in worshiping God. When the warning was
given that soldiers from the king were on their way to arrest Lord Canty, he
fled to the only place no one would dare go… The Accursed Islands.
It was infested with dragons and creatures that devoured men. But Lord Canty
and his people were not afraid, for the Lord Jesus was with them and so Canty
became the first to establish Exmoor
Island and The Three
Islands with it. He was the first king there, and his descendants became the
royalty of that new country.
There are many stories from that place, so I hope that thee
would drop by now and again to find them. Perhaps I shall have them on
parchment in due time.
Yes, there is the story of Lord Canty, of which I haven’t
got the time to tell thee at present, or that of his good friend, the outlaw of
England, Dicken. And then there is Canty’s granddaughter Rosetta, her cousin Sir Cedric,
his squire Derwent and her best friend, Lady Anna…. And I’m sure you’ve heard
the story of Queen Tabitha and Robin Hood. The story of her son Prince Reuben, and many more, such as Tirzah and her father Fletcher; Sir
Ariel and Sir York and The Black Knights.
And if I should have time to scribble down more tales, I
should write about such people as Waldo, keeper of the Chronicles, and
Philander the Dwarf, or March the Hunchback or Tompkins the Juggler and his
trickster friends, Marius and Larissa. Or brave Tobin the Treasure Hunter.
S.L. Kliever scribe
No comments:
Post a Comment