Saturday, 13 August 2016

How To Write A Story Part 4

I am currently working on a children's story book. My daughter is into colouring and painting and so I sat down and painted some pictures for a story book.

Children's story books are not meant to be complicated. If you sit down and look at some children's books you will find that sometimes there isn't much to them at all, just a simple entertaining story.

Here is something to maybe help you out in planning.


Most things you read on writing children's stories, tell you to stick to the Rule of 3. Such as, you present a problem to which the character tries to salve three times, he fails a few times, but in the end he salves the problem.

It's a good idea, though I sometimes wonder who makes up these rules for writing. ;)

The children's story I just finished the first draft for, is not like that at all. I have a girl, and she does have a problem, but she sits down with her father and they talk about it. He teaches her a special secret, which helps the story come to a happy ending.

I guess I used the rule of 3 in a different way. I have a beginning, I have a middle and I have an ending.

Whichever way works for you, the important thing is to get the story down on paper. Once it's written down, then you can rework it if that is what it needs, or just edit it. And hopefully this will help you get it written down!
Keep it simple! Happy Writing!

S.L. Kliever

No comments:

Post a Comment