Hello everyone!
I have had on occasion the comment made to me, "I couldn't write stories. I'd get it started and never finished."
My thoughts on the matter: "Yes you can! You just need a plan!"
I have come across a lot of printable character sheets or story mapping sheets that help authors lay it all out before they sit down to write. But I haven't liked the ones I've found... so I made my own.
So for you aspiring authors out there, try these!
You should be able to right click a save on the image, then print off. Or click here...
Mapping sheets like these help you figure out your story before you sit down to write it. They give you a game plan and an end goal.
The Character sheet can be very helpful and you may want to print multiples off so you have one for each character. These help you develop your character fully before you start writing, so you are not wondering what type of person he/she is as you write the story. Also they provide a reference for you to go back and look at if needed.
The story mapping, may or may not work for your personal style of writing. I like this way of working out my story, chapter by chapter, but others like to map out their story differently. One printable page I saw on Pinterest had 3 boxes. 1. Introductions. 2 The Problem or Climax. 3 The Solution.
But whatever works for you, get it down on paper so you have a map to go by. The worst thing that can happen to a writer, is to start a story and have no finish or ending. That's why it's important to have a game plan and to figure out your ending BEFORE you get there. Some writers recommend having your ending written before the beginning.
As for the 20 chapter thing... that is more so a goal I personally use. For some reason I have rarely written stories with more than 20 chapters. I guess I'm not the big fat novel type. Maybe one day, but so far this works for me.
As you start to write in what will happen in each chapter, you may find that you have a short story and not a novel. If that is the case, then so be it, just remember the 3 building blocks, Introductions. The Problem. The Solution. as you write.
I hope this helps some fellow writers!
Happy Writing!
S.L.Kliever PDF Download!!





No comments:
Post a Comment